New release of the Nessus vulnerability scanner! This is a major release (moving from 5.0.3 to 5.2.0) and includes several new features and enhancements, including:
- IPv6 is now supported on all platforms (including Windows)
- Nessus server support for Windows 8 and Windows 2012
- Add attachments within scan result reports
- Mac OS X preference pane
- Digitally-signed Nessus RPM packages for supporting distributions
- Smaller memory footprint and reduced disk space usage
- Faster, more responsive web interface (uses less bandwidth)
- No longer need to visit the Tenable website for an activation code!
Several key features are described in detail below, including examples of the new MAC OS X preference pane and the new attachments feature:
Add Attachments to Scan Results
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Getting Nessus 5.2
New users may download and evaluate Nessus free of charge by visiting the Nessus home page. Current customers can download 5.2 from the Tenable Support Portal. Detailed instructions and notes on upgrading are located in the Nessus 5.2 Installation and Configuration Guide.
Nessus ProfessionalFeed and Perimeter Service customers: Please contact Tenable Support (support -at- tenable.com) with any questions regarding the upgrade to Nessus 5.2.0. Users may also visit the Tenable Discussion Portal for more information.